The following documents cover the basics regarding Landlord/Tenant Rights and Responsibilities. It’s recommended to review these documents before proceeding to the grander document library.
Landlord-Tenant Information forms and publications available from this website are intended to assist both residential landlords and tenants to understand their rights and responsibilities. The principal publication is Truth in Renting, which is available in both English and Spanish. Landlords are required to distribute Truth in Renting to their tenants.
The booklet is available free and may be downloaded from this website (see link above). Both landlords and tenants may print copies directly from this website for distribution.
Protected Tenancy income limits, as well as explanatory material, pursuant to both the Senior Citizen and Disabled Protected Tenancy Act and the Tenant Protection Act of 1992, are also available below.
- Condominium and Cooperative Conversion Law
- Condominium, Fee Simple & Cooperative Conversion, and Mobile Home Park Retirement Regulations
- Attorney’s Packet Laws & Regulations
- Rights of Tenants, pre-Conversion Bulletin
- Rights of Tenants, post-Conversion Bulletin
Eviction & Lease Termination
- Disabling Illness, Accident, Death Law (Statute)
- NJ Eviction Law
- Eviction Relocation Assistance Regulations
- Grounds for Eviction Bulletin
Foreclosure Notice to Tenants
- Cable Television
- Crime Insurance Information Bulletin
- Discrimination Law
- Guidance regarding disability accommodations
- Mobile Home Park Leasehold Communities Law
- Pets in Housing Projects Law
- Pets in Rental Units Bulletin
- Public Utilities, Discontinuance of Services Bulletin
- Hold-over Tenant Double Rent Law
- Income Limits (page 24)
- Newly-Constructed Multiple Dwellings Law
- Rent Increase Bulletin
- Sr. Citizens 5-Day Grace Law